Friday, August 21, 2015

5 on friday

<ONE>
Truly disappointed in all the anger toward our school system this week regarding receiving teacher placement letters "late". The teachers didn't come back until August 17, and the letters went out that day. From there, we can't control delivery. In my opinion, "late" would be receiving it on Monday the 24th. Where is patience and understanding? We are doing the best we can.

<TWO>
If I didn't rely on FaceBook so much for my photography, I'd take a long hiatus. Reading all the negativity wears me down (not just from my #1, but other things as well). Tell me something good...

<THREE>
I'm giving myself a re-do on my long run this Saturday. I'm going to try for 9 miles, and if I am feeling good, go for the 10 that my training schedule calls for. A friend sent me a link to some affirmations to repeat on my run when I start to feel tired or unable. The two I picked are, "Dig deep" and "I GET to run 10 miles today." I chose the latter to honor my mother, who no longer has the use of her legs. I will think of her as I run tomorrow.

<FOUR>
My Stitch Fix box is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Oh my heavens, am I excited. I love having something like that to look forward to at the end of a hectic week. Hopefully there'll be something cute for the first day of school on Monday!

<FIVE>
I bought a styling/curling wand this week. I love having the beachy-wavy look. Been getting lots of compliments. It takes just as long to straighten my hair as it does to "wand" it. I even bought a really cheap one. Love it!



Yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment