Sunday, August 9, 2015

5 on friday

(ON SUNDAY)

I actually DID type this and have it ready to go on Friday, but here it is Sunday.

<ONE>
I totally fell off the photo challenge wagon this week. And so I feel a tad like a failure. I will finish it, just not on the daily timeline. The day "color" stumped me.

<TWO>
Last Sunday, Pat and I had a date night in Durham. We went to see a Bulls game, and had a nice quiet meal out. It was fantastic. What we loved most was the hotel where we stayed. It was called 21C and is an old bank building that has been converted into a museum, which is now also a hotel. Each room is like its own museum. Art, furniture, lighting. It was amazing. I felt like I was in a high class modern hotel in Manhattan. And the state rate was under $100. I highly recommend it if you're staying in Durham. Somebody at this hotel has a great job. Moving pink penguins into different locations several times a day to startle the tenants. Sometimes they'd appear in the elevator. Sometimes outside your door...in the middle of a museum display room, watching over you at the ATM. It was kind of humorous. I mean, for real, someone is being paid to do this.



<THREE>
It is August. That makes me happy.

<FOUR>
I am deep into half marathon training and I am exhausted. 4:45 comes early and it is HOT even that early. I'm envious of people who get to run at 6:30 am when it is light outside. Running in the dark is very eerie.

<FIVE>
We have hired a new sitter, one I am excited about. Thanks to everyone who rallied around us to try to get us taken care of in a pinch!

Yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment