Friday, July 24, 2015

5 on friday


I'm new to this "5 on Friday" thing and I'm not really sure I'm doing it right.
I get that you're supposed to post five random things, but don't really get
the "linking up" part of it. We'll see and here goes...

<ONE>
Today, my 3 year old allowed my 8 month old to literally beat up on him and didn't retaliate. Kellan was vigorously hitting Finn in the head, pulling his hair, scratching his face, and putting all his weight on him. Finn didn't complain in the least, didn't whine and cry or tattle. He was cracking up. And that made Kellan laugh. Both boys were laughing hysterically. It was the first time I've seen Finn really act like a big brother. More mature. And that in turn made me smile and laugh. I wanted to make a video but I also wanted to be in the moment, so I set down my phone.

<TWO>
My friend Leslie introduced me this week to a show called Chrisley Knows Best. And if you haven't ever seen it, you must. I die laughing. I started from Season 1, Episode 1 on Thursday and I'm almost through Season 1 already. Mindless hilarity, which everyone needs now and again.

<THREE>
Summer colds are horrible. I am in the middle of one right now and am looking forward to the day I can breathe again.

<FOUR>
It is almost August and I'm in shock. August is one of my favorite months of the year (not because it's my birthday month). I love all things Back to School. I've truly enjoyed the slow month of July, having Fridays off with my boys, and playing in the pool/lake. In August, one of my good friends is getting married in Asheville and I'm very excited for their wedding. Of course, school supplies start coming out in the stores...and there's just something about fresh pencils and paper that makes me feel giddy. Also on my birthday this year, a small group of friends are running the Yiasou Greek Festival 5K with me, then joining me for a nice birthday breakfast.

<FIVE>
This Sunday night I'm taking a lettering class from 7-9pm in Mt. Holly. I've always loved lettering but have never taken a class. I'm very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment