Friday, January 8, 2016

stitch fix #8

Eight Stitch Fix's in one year sounds a bit like an addiction. They says step one is to admit you have a problem. I have a problem.

I'm not sure if I've said this before BUT...I love "Sam". She is the bomb stylist. I forgot to take a picture of her note to me but, in summary she apologize for sending me too much navy in my last fix. She didn't include any navy in this fix. I also told her I wanted a pair of pants I can wear to work that are comfy, but that I didn't like the Emers from my last fix. She totally came through. And to top it off, I got an item on my Pinterest board that I've been DYING for. Score!

This fix was scheduled to arrive on Christmas Eve, and like clockwork it arrived a day before expected. I put it under the tree, patiently eyeing it for two days. That was torture. And, I waited until Christmas evening to open it, because it was too chaotic that morning to savor in the glory of the box.



And this time, no dirty bathroom picks. My sister was here so she took pictures of me...in front of the tree. :)

Item 1 - Iglesia Pleated Blouse by Papermoon ($48)
The thumb says it all. I didn't like it from just looking at it. It was a teal green color and the pattern was not me. At all. 

Item 2 - Pinson Drape Cardigan by Brixon Ivy ($54)
This was pinned to my Stitch Fix Pinterest board, and I was so thrilled when I pulled it out of the box. I've been waiting for this piece for months! It's grey and black and so cute and comfy! Obviously looks good with jeans, but can also be dressed up for work. That was kind of the theme of this fix. Can be casual for "play" or dressed up for work. Keeper!

Item 3 - Kathy Striped Fit & Flare Dress by Pixley ($68)
I really struggled with this one. I wanted to love it, because I felt like it was very flattering. And typically I love anything black and white. But this pattern of horizontal stripes that were tiny made me feel dizzy. It was too busy of a pattern for my eyes. Maybe if the stripes had been thicker or if the dress were solid... it was a toss up. I decided not to keep it in the end.

Item 4 - Rizzo Skinny Pant by Liverpool ($98)
These are like yoga pants for work, kid you not. So comfortable! The price kind of made me cringe. But how do you send back flattering work pants that feel like yoga pants? You just don't. And they look good with the cardigan! Keeper #2!

Item 5 - Morgani Lace Detail Button Back Sweater by Brixon Ivy ($78)
I immediately fell in love with the color of this sweater. It's a light purple with buttons on the back and lace underneath. I originally thought the lace was black but it's a very dark blue. The only thing I don't like is that the sweater is so short in the front. I wish it were 2" longer. But I don't have anything this color, and it can be dressed up with a nice necklace. Keeper #3!


So the entire box was a 3/5 for me, which is pretty average. I tried something new with this fix. The two items I didn't keep (blouse and dress) I put up for sale on a FaceBook group of people who all are Stitch Fix addicts like me - particularly for our size range. I posted them for sale as if I were getting the buy 5 discount of 25% plus shipping. They both sold! So I got all three of my pieces at a 25% discount, which made me less cringe-y at the price of the pants, and the sweater.

One of my principal peers recently signed up for her first Stitch Fix using my referral link so I have $25 credit toward my box that is scheduled to arrive right before Spring Break in March. For that box I asked for a bag, a pair of shoes, and some early spring pieces. Hopefully Sam will come through. I love that I request her and continue to have her style me.

If you want to give Stitch Fix a shot, click HERE or on any of the words "Stitch Fix" in this post to use my referral link. Once your first box ships, I get a $25 credit and you get started with your addiction.






No comments:

Post a Comment