Friday, October 16, 2015

Five on Friday



<ONE>
I haven't blogged in a while. The last 8 days I've not been feeling so well. Kellan and I shared a stomach virus. Finn and Pat both have had a cold, which I think I'm now getting. All I have to say is be careful how you word your prayers. I was holding Kellan, rocking him to sleep last Thursday evening and I prayed that God would take all of his sickness away and give it to me instead. Well, He did. Next time, I'll just pray that God take all his sickness away. Period.

<TWO>
This has been a very tough week for me. I've not felt on my game at all. I've been taking far too many things personally. I have to constantly remind myself that it's not my job to save the world. So I found this. Which I think is more meant for motivation to run, but I've been using it for just plain motivation. I can do this. And, next week, the things that were a big deal this week, won't be a big deal anymore. For the most part.


<THREE>
I'm running the Rhyne Financial 8K tomorrow in hopes of adding another medal to my running medal board in my office. Yes, it's all about the bling. No, this picture isn't MY bling. But maybe one day!

<FOUR>
Finn turns four on October 26th. He has no concept of "not yet" and wants his birthday to be here SO BADLY! He asks daily if his birthday is tomorrow and I keep saying, "Not yet...a little longer." He is ready for gifts and cake and ice cream. Every commercial he sees on TV for a toy that is a "boy" type of toy, he asks if I'll get him one for his birthday. What I'm most excited about is his party will not be at our house - hallelujah! We're going to Cherry Berry, and that is such a relief.

<FIVE>
Now that I'm confident in the way I feel in my clothes (weight is off), I've realized I have become addicted to clothing. I bought a few LuLaRoe items today at school, and I'm going through Stitch Fix withdrawals. I usually get my boxes 6 weeks apart but decided to go longer in between this time since my last box was such a splurge. I got an email today asking if I wanted to share anything with my stylist - so that means it's coming soon!!! Woohoo!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment