Saturday, December 19, 2015

saturday six


<ONE>
One year ago today, my cousin Lauren gained her wings. All day long I've been reading my family's statuses on FB and the pictures they've posted. Although I moved away from home before Lo was born, I felt a significant connection to her. I miss her very much, and think about her frequently. When I am struggling with a task, thinking of Lo sometimes helps me get through it. I'm not sure I can find the words to explain why, but when I tell myself to "do it for Lauren", I somehow am able. Lo you are loved and missed by so many. Here's my most favorite pic of Lo:


<TWO>
Two more days of work and I'm off for Christmas break. I work Monday and Tuesday, and will get a TON done. There will be no children, and very few staff in the building. I've manage to keep my office relatively organized since I cleaned it over Thanksgiving, so there isn't a whole lot of cleaning or organizing to do. Lots of copying, and preparing my very first flipped faculty meeting.

<THREE>
I have three more photo sessions to shoot before the new year. A mini session and two fulls. I did two this morning and it was 30 degrees. The families were definitely troopers. Man, it took a good 20 minute for me to get the feeling back in my right hand.

<FOUR>
Four of my most favorite/funny things Finn has said recently:
"Mommy, I love everyone."
"My peepee is getting bigger and bigger." (Life with boys)
"I'm getting you purple scissors for Christmas."
"Tell Daddy to keep his hands to himself."

<FIVE>
Five more days until my little Sisty arrives from California. She comes in at 11:58 pm on Christmas Eve. I am so darn excited to see her. It has been over a year. Mom and Auntie Paula arrive the day after Christmas. We don't have a whole slew of plans, other than to eat at Luna's Living Kitchen a handful of times since my mom eats mainly raw food. The three of them are going to keep the boys for a few days while Pat and I spend our six year anniversary at Sandals in Jamaica. OMG. I am so excited. There is so much to be excited for this break. But mainly this:


<SIX>
Six days until Christmas. And although I cannot wait, especially to see the wonder in the boys' eyes, I'm NOT ready. Who has time to shop? I tried today and got a few things, but shopping with a 1 year old and dealing with the masses and traffic is enough to make you crazy. I need two full days alone to get it all done and that's not happening. Oh and I still have to get everything shipped to arrive before Christmas. Stressed.


No comments:

Post a Comment