Friday, November 27, 2015

5 on Friday


<ONE>
Is it Friday? I can hardly tell. Vacations totally throw off my sense of "day". So far, our Thanksgiving break has been amazing. I worked Wednesday in a very quiet building. Got a TON done. I can even see my desk. On Thanksgiving day, we had a slow morning. We went to the lake house at 2 for dinner, then to a playground on our way home. The lake house was quiet and relaxed. It was very nice. Today, my dad and stepmom came to visit. Another quiet day! Tomorrow we plan to go to Boone for the day to pick out our Christmas Tree at our tree farm of choice in Meat Camp (you read that right). We may piddle around Boone for a while, Mellow Mushroom, etc.

<TWO>
I'm knee deep in editing. That's why my blog has been so neglected lately. November is my super busy picture-taking month. In the past two weeks alone, I've done 37 Christmas mini sessions and 2 full sessions. I love how they're turning out. But man alive...I'm exhausted.

<THREE>
Kellan turned one a few weeks ago. I didn't have the chance to blog a letter to him as I did to Finn. Unlike Finn who was sick on his actual birthday, Kellan got sick the day of his party. We ended up canceling it and not rescheduling (due to my busy photography schedule). Had all these cute "Where The Wild Things Are" decorations and outfits and cupcakes...was very disappointing. But when you're running a fever of 103.9, you don't expose it to others. Mommy was bummed.

<FOUR>
Today, Finn announced these exact words: "I've got my life all figured out." I'm glad it only took him four years. I've been here 36 and never had it all figured out. He makes me laugh.

<FIVE>
I did not "Black Friday" shop today (kind of). I went on Nordstrom.com and bought myself a pair of earrings I've been wanting for a LONG time that were on sale. They're usually out of stock, or when they're in stock I'm too cheap to pay full price. Today was the glorious day! It'll be even glorious-er (?) when they arrive on my ears. 

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment